The Long John Silver’s Franchisee Association is excited to partner with the American Cancer Society for this year’s National Convention! In 2017, there will be an estimated 1.6 million newly diagnosed cancer cases in the US.
The American Cancer Society helps cancer patients and their caregivers nationwide and on the local level through various avenues. Here are just a few examples for 2016:
- Provided nearly 335,000 rides to treatment and other cancer-related appointments
- Provided more than 456,000 nights of free lodging at our Hope Lodge communities, and more than 61,000 nights of free or reduced lodging through our Hotel Partners Program
- Contributed to more than 750,000 outreach interventions and nearly 200,000 cancer screenings, thanks to our corporate-funded grant program working to increase health equity for underserved patients
- Our patient navigators helped guide nearly 45,000 newly diagnosed cancer patients to overcome barriers to care
- Funding 750 grants to 200 research institutions and universities
- The American Cancer Society has invested more than $4.5 billion in research and has given grant funding support to 47 individuals who went on to win the Nobel Prize.
We welcome your support!